Sunday, January 2, 2011

Maddy's Testimony

Today at church Laila was being a little pill (love you, Laila!). She finally broke free and went straight to the front of the chapel. She was playing on the front bench. 

Being that it's Fast Sunday, I looked over at Dan and told him to go grab her and then he could give his testimony. The perfect opportunity ;) He smiled and said, "you should do that." We began a lighthearted debate regarding who would go get Laila and bear their testimony. 

After about a minute, Maddy who was laying on my lap said, "I'll go do it." I said, "What? bear your testimony?" "Yeah," she replied. She got off of my lap, stood up, looked at Dan and said, "Dad, can you help me get a testimony?" 

We, and the people in front of us, started chuckling. At that point Dan smiled at me and said, "Well, I guess I have no choice." It was possibly one of the cutest moments. Dan took her up to the pulpit and she recited the First Article of Faith (she has been learning it over the last few weeks). It was perfectly clear & beautifully done. 

Maddy, you are such a fantastic little girl. I love you!

3 comments:

Monarch of MePlease!! said...

That's so cute, Heidi! You're girls are the two I love hearing about, and I am always sharing with my friends and neighbors their stories; just so I can brag, really.

Wendi said...

That's so cute! I love that she trapped Dan into getting up there to help her!

Juliana said...

ahh ha ha love it! So sweet!