Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Update

I hate that the title of this is "update." I have been pretty pathetic in writing about our day-to-day life. I really don't want to be this bad. I don't keep a journal so this is my only method of recording my family history. I really, really need to make a more concerted effort to blog here...

That being said... on with the "update:"

Madelyn is growing up way to fast. She loves using her imagination. I constantly find her playing hide-and-seek with Santa, pretending that she is a spy, she loves going on secret missions and getting a "digi-medal" when the mission is complete (definitely caused by Special Agent Oso, a current favorite). She always puts her shoes on the wrong feet no matter how many ways I try to teach her the right way. She loves pretending that she is the momma (I am not the momma during this time, she is very adamant about it). She loves making "pillow nests" & forts with Laila. I will often hear them squealing in the living room and find them jumping off of the couch onto the pillows. She loves nursery, preschool, and singing time. She constantly asks me if it is Christmas yet, when I tell here that we have to have Halloween and Thanksgiving first, she laughs and says, "oh, I agot (forgot)." She still hates being thrown upside down but she is slowly becoming more brave. She will allow us to put her upside in a controlled way, so cute. I also took her to a gymnastics class yesterday and to my complete surprise (as I watched from behind the glass) she did tuck-and-rolls down an incline, walked the balance beam, and walked up the wall with her feet, ending in a headstand. I couldn't believe how brave she was without me there, you go girl!

Laila is unbelievably sweet and cuddley, a majority of her day is spent kissing, hugging, and snuggling us. Her favorite thing to do right now is come up behind me, hold onto my legs, peer between my legs, and smile at me. It is really cute, but she often does this while I am cooking so it can be pretty hard to get anything done :) She loves Manny (Maddy) and "Manny" is usually the first word that comes out of her mouth when she wakes up, followed by "dada," and "momma" is never heard... I choose not to be offended by this ;) lol. She loves emptying my wallet, helping with Maddy's chores, reading books, brushing her teeth. Usually I can't get the toothbrush away from her without a major fight so it often becomes her sleeping companion. She is unbelieveably verbal. She can say soooo many words... "cookie," "Manny," "doggie," "uck (yuck)," you get the picture. She is so good at mimicking sounds that you can tell her a word/phrase and she can almost always repeat it without needing much interpretation on our part. She has seen many countdowns (5..4..3..2..1) with Maddy that I can usually get her to come by starting the countdown with her. She is really affected by change in tone, when I speak firmly with her she usually looks slightly uncomfortable and will bring her hands to her ears. I can tell that she is really tender but not emotionally charged, does that make sense? She is not irrational, I honestly believe I can reason with her. I know it doesn't make sense, I am not explaining it well. I think that both of my girls are pretty level-headed, so that is a good thing.


I am a busy-a-holic. Life at Harvard Business School keeps me on my toes. I am very over-scheduled, especially since I started "Made by Heidi." I love it though. Nothing is really new with me. Just being a mom, and did I tell you that I LOVE it? I really do. I can't think of anything I would rather do than be with my kids, I actually get sick at the thought of missing any time with them. I want to be there for every possible moment. I love doing art projects with Maddy, playing cars with Laila, reading books to them, etc. I love it and I feel so blessed that I get to be a mother to these amazing little girls. 


Here are some fun photos that we snapped this weekend in Portsmouth, NH (possibly my favorite town on the east coast!)




My favorite pic from this weekend!






Looking at the blue lobster. Did you know some lobsters are blue? I didn't!


Cheeseball Mcgee... always camera ready this one is...



Laila was so excited to be "driving" the "ship." She was smiling and cheesing it up the entire time... I tried to capture the cuteness in the next two pictures...





Now let's do an experiment, because I have neglected this blog so badly I want to see if I have maintained any readers... if you still read this blog go ahead and comment :)

12 comments:

Wendi said...

Of course I read it. I'd be silly not to. I love the color editing you did on those photos!

Alicia said...

Lol - well I made it all the way to the bottom, so you have at least 1 reader! haha...kidding...i'm sure you have a great many more readers than that...

Oh, and Portsmouth - I don't think we ever made it there - looks like fun!

Your girls are so cute! I loved reading the update. I didn't know you brought Maddy to a gymnastics class, how fun. Gym is, like, my favorite part of the entire week. I love watching Sheldon try to move his little body and joints and follow the teacher. So sweet.

Oh, and I have to fight Weston for his toothbrush, too! I usually have to trick him into giving it to me. You are a nicer mom than I am...or maybe your girls just aren't as *psycho* as my boys are when they're going to bed (picture loose cannons jumping EVERYWHERE...actually...you've seen Sheldon enough times in his bedroom with another kid there...you know the drill). Anyway, I'm pretty sure we'd end up in the ER with Westu if I let him have anything other than his blanket in his crib! Hahah...

Ok...crazy commenter here...sorry for the marathon... =) Thanks for the "update"!

Monarch of MePlease!! said...

I still read your blog!
I love your girls, I wish I could meet them soon. I feel so deprived. Ha.

Audrey said...

Still reading!

Juliana said...

I read all the time! Even if I've read it before. ;-) Love you guys! You better be here for Thanksgiving.

amegratha said...

Heidi, I look at your blog almost everyday. It is the best way for me to keep in contact with you and your family. I love it!!!!! Please keep it going. I need the pictures and the kids and the Heidi and Dan. So keep it going. Thus saith your mother!

Unknown said...

I love your blog and love to hear "updates". My girls love to build "nests" out of pillows and blankets too.

amegratha said...

Heidi, please keep this blog going. It helps me to stay close to the girls and you and Dan. I love the pictures and keep copies of them. Don't stop, please.

Nishida Family said...

I do now!! Thanks for sharing your family with us! We miss you...come back!

Vivian said...

I read it. Even if it is sporadically!

Wing and Alli said...

Hollaaaaa!

cecily said...

Time to "update" again???